“ALARA”, an acronym for “As Low as Reasonably Achievable.” It means making every reasonable effort to maintain exposures to ionizing radiation as far below the dose limits as practical for a diagnosis & evaluation. So, what is too low? In this workshop we discuss what is considered reasonable, too low of a dose and what the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) has to say regarding the 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification and Radiographs needed to screen for all periodontal conditions.
Procedure and Methodology:
- Attendees must be prepared to participate in the 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification & Radiographs Workshop through self-study prior to the live or Zoom Workshop. A dropbox email will be sent to attendees prior to the workshop to access pre-reading and handout material.
- GEM Dental Experts and presenters use a diverse combination of strategies to enhance learning outcomes including Lecture & Discussion; Hands-on exercises, Q&A and Guest Speakers (when applicable).
- Related Hand-outs & Articles
- College Bylaws, Codes of Ethics and Practice Standards
Evaluation and Grading Guidelines:
For attendees to be successful in the 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification & Radiographs Workshop offered by GEM Dental Experts they must be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Complete all pre-reading required
- Attend and be prepared for in-class discussion
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe the dental & dental hygiene college’s “Scope of Practice” on radiographs
- Compare the changes between the 1999 & 2018 AAP Periodontal Disease Classification
- Evaluate the characteristics of the periodontal conditions in the new global 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification
- Analyze radiographs required to screen for 2018 AAP Periodontal Conditions
- Assess radiographs required for both a comprehensive Dental & Dental Hygiene Diagnosis
RDH’s, Dentist, PM – $333+GST/attendee
Other Team Members – $66+GST/attendee
Target Audience: This course is designed for the entire dental team.
Location: Zoom Webinar
Contact Person: Gabriele Maycher
Refund and Cancellation Policies: No refunds will be granted for cancellations made after February 12th, 2021. In case of course cancellation a full refund will be issued.