Category :

According to the “Periodontal Health” article in the May 2017 Journal of Periodontology, by Nicklaus Lang. P Mark Bartold. “Plaque only accounts for 20% of the direct risk of developing periodontitis, thus it must not be forgotten that the remaining 80% of direct & indirect risk & modifying factors is responsible for the development of periodontal disease.”

Knowing this is your hygiene department recognizing these modifying factors and incorporating more frequent recall interval? And are they diagnosing the predisposing factors impacting the periodontium which equates to selling 60%+ of the practice’s aesthetic and restorative dentistry?

Optimized Hygiene Department = Optimal Patient Outcomes = Practice Growth & Revenue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *