“ALARA”, an acronym for “As Low as Reasonably Achievable.” It means making every reasonable effort to maintain exposures to ionizing radiation as far below the dose limits as practical for a diagnosis & evaluation. So, what is too low? In this workshop we discuss what is considered reasonable, too low of a dose and what the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) has to say regarding the 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification and Radiographs needed to screen for all periodontal conditions.
The learning objectives are:
- Describe the dental & dental hygiene college’s “Scope of Practice” on radiographs
- Compare the changes between the 1999 & 2018 AAP Periodontal Disease Classification
- Evaluate the characteristics of the periodontal conditions in the new global 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification
- Analyze radiographs required to screen for 2018 AAP Periodontal Conditions
- Assess radiographs required for both a comprehensive Dental & Dental Hygiene Diagnosis
Date: November 5th, 2021
Private workshop for 10 or more attendees can be scheduled any time.
RDH’s, Dentist, PM – $397+GST/attendee
Other Team Members – $79+GST/attendee
Time: 8am-noon (PST) 4 hours
This course is designed for the entire dental team.
Location: Zoom Webinar
Contact Person: Gabriele Maycher
Refund and Cancellation Policies: Full refund up to and including October 14th, 2021, minus $25 administration fee. No refund October 29th, 2021, and after.