Presenter: Gabriele Maycher, CEO, GEM Dental Experts Inc.
BSc, PID, dip DH, RDH in BC& AB
A passionate educator with more than 30+ years of clinical experience & diverse business background has revolutionized the way clinicians optimize patient outcomes through contributing positions such as published author, educator, Dental Hygiene Program Director, Quality Assurance Program assessor, content advisor for Oral Health Hygiene magazine, entrepreneur of the year and consultant for forward-thinking dental practices.
It is estimated that 95% of the population has some level of periodontal disease and in knowing that 90% of systemic disease have some oral manifestation it has become apparent that change is needed in the treatment This workshop explores the changes needed to move away from a solely biofilm-based model to a more holistic inflammation-based model in periodontal therapy. The New Global AAP Periodontal Classification workshop will bridge the gap between the old & future critical thinking needed to integrate “best practices” in patient care.
The learning objectives:
- Identify the main categories of the New Global AAP Periodontal Classification.
- Describe the characteristics of the periodontal conditions in the 2018 AAP Periodontal Classification.
- Determine Periodontitis using the staging & grading system.
- Compose an accurate periodontal diagnostic statement.
- Assess Case Studies to aid in diagnosis formulation.
- Appraise current AAP recommendations for determining patient periodontal prognosis.